30.4.12

Self-Actuated Textiles

I have been quite silent about my on-going research on self-actuated textiles as I am still in the writting up process of my thesis.  However I will have the pleasure to present part of this research at the occasion of two exciting events which I would like to share with you:
  • 3rd of May - DIGITAL PLAY, Technical University Munich
an evening discussion on adaptive architectures and digital sensuality organised by Nadin Heinich from 'we are plan a' for the launch of  her book Digitial Utopia where I will present my work together with Fabian Hemmert, design researcher at the Design Research Lab and Troika.The evening is dedicated to young architects and design researchers who face digital technologies in a playful manner. They develop adaptive architectures, installations and multi-sensory objects which render virtual information physical perceptible or transform them in a spatial experience. Thereby they create a digital sensuality which extends beyond the mere simulation of our analogue world.
Further details: http://www.we-are-plan-a.com/lang/de/2012/04/digital-playdigital-play/.
  • 10th of May - TEXTILES FUTURS, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture et de Paysage de Lille
I will discuss textile futures' materiality as part of the seminar series 'Matérialité' organised by LACTH, the Conception, Territory & History research lab of Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture et de Paysage of Lille.The presentation entitled 'Textiles futurs: Imaginer, matérialiser un nouveau paysage architectural' will showcase TFRC's research related to textile architecture & sustainable design including Carole Collet, Marin Sawa, Jane Scott's research as well as my own practice. This lecture will be in French.
For further details: www.lille.archi.fr/

No comments:

Post a Comment